This project is read-only.

Set ASP:Panel visibility = false doesn't work on postback

Jan 14, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Hi,

Love the control toolkit its looking really good. However, I have a problem which seems a major problem.
I can reproduce the problem very easily.

1. On ASP.NET page add ext pagemanager, asp.net button and asp.net panel, set panel color to RED.

2. In button click event handler, set panel1.visible = not panel1.visible.

3. Run, I would expect that every time I click the button the panel to toggle between red/white.

However this does not happen, am I missing something?  If I remove the ext page manager it works.  My problem is many of my pages will have a mix of asp.net controls and ext controls.

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:46 AM

-Add EnableEdit for TriggerBox and TwinTriggerBox controls.
-Use Hidden property to show and hide control instead of Visible, which is a readonly property now.
-Use Hidden to show and hide Window control, now Popup is marked as an Obsolete property.
-Method GetCloseReference in Window and GetCloseReference in ActiveWindow are renamed to GetHideReference(Notice all Close character are changed to Hide).
-Add EnableClose property(default false), two methods GetShowReference and GetHideReference to Tab control(feedback:anson).

These paragraph are in Source Code menu. It's very useful.

Jan 17, 2010 at 3:55 AM

You may need to set the PageMananer's property AjaxAspnetControls="panel1", and try again.

Jan 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Hi, there is something not working here.  I've tried added the control to the AjaxAspnetControls but it is still not working.  I am also not sure what this property is for.  Would I need to add every single ASP.NET control that I have on my page into this property?

This is a major issue for me as I need to mix ASP.NET controls with Ext.

Can you provide an example of an ASP.NET page with Ext, and show that the button click event handlers and link button handlers are called and can manipulate other controls on the page i.e. make them invisible on postback?

The problem is related to:

function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {}

It never fires for some reason?  If I remove the ext PageManager, then the postback works ok.  I've compared both HTML output from the Ext enabled and the regular ASP page and I can see that there is some javascript added to the end of the page.  Could this be preventing the postback from working?

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Asp.net controls must be added to the form tag, or in ContentPanel.

You may refer this example: http://extasp.net/?page=/aspnet/aspnet.aspx